Vaccination is recommended and offered free of charge to those who are at higher risk of developing complications, such as:
- Persons aged 75 years or older
- People with certain chronic conditions or diseases (e.g., : diabetes, cardiovascular disease, respiratory or kidney disease, immunosuppression, etc.), from the age of 6 months
- Pregnant women in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters
In order to reduce the risk of contamination, vaccination is also offered free of charge to the family members of the abovementioned people, their informal caregivers, people living with a baby under 6 months of age, and health-care workers.
***Children aged 6 to 23 months and healthy adults aged 60 to 74 years are no longer targeted for vaccination. The vaccine, however, is available free of charge to these people if they wish to receive it.
Please note that the seasonal flu vaccine does not protect against COVID-19.
Online booking of appointments for seasonal flu vaccinations will begin on October 1. Thank you for taking your health and the health of those around you to heart and for booking your appointment online!
Make an appointment onClicSante.ca :
- Select "seasonal flu vaccine," then enter your postal code.
If you have flu-like symptoms, consult our special section on the flu.
If you do not have Internet access, ask a loved one to help
you book your appointment quickly online. You can also
call one of the following numbers :
(Sherbrooke and surroundings)
(elsewhere in the region – toll free)
- Wear a mask or face cover (mandatory).
- Come to your appointment alone (unless you have an exception).
- Come at the exact time of your appointment (early arrivals will not be accepted).
- Disinfect your hands upon entering.
- Maintain respiratory etiquette.
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres from others.
- Obey the travel indications or signage.
- Bring your health-insurance card.
- Wear a short-sleeved shirt.
- Children 14 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a parent (or guardian) at the time of their appointment or have the parent's written consent.
- The incompetent persons must bring the written consent of their legal representative or curator to their appointment.
- If you are returning from a trip outside of Canada, have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person awaiting a COVID-19 result, or have symptoms of COVID-19, do not schedule an appointment for the flu shot. Instead, call 1-877-644-4545 to be directed to the right resource. Click here for the main symptoms of COVID-19.
To learn more about the seasonal flu, its symptoms, and tips on how to treat it, visit our special section on the flu.