Examinations, tests or surgery
Do you need to have an examination or specialized test or have scheduled surgery at the CIUSSS de l'Estrie – CHUS?
Here's how to prepare yourself.
Make sure to have :
- A valid health insurance card. Check the expiration year and month on your card (under your photo). If your card is no longer valid, you must renew it. Find out more at the Régie de l'assurance maladie.
- A valid CHUS hospital card. Check the expiration year and month on your card. If your card has expired or if you do not have a hospital card, please visit the reception and admission department on the day of your appointment or hospitalization.
- An updated list of all your current medications, including natural health products and vitamins. Ask your pharmacist for help if needed. Don’t forget to mention the name and address of your local pharmacy.
Preparation for examinations and surgery
The documents below are designed to educate patients on the preparation and conduct of interventions.
Do not hesitate to consult them to get familiar with them.
COVID-19 | As soon as your surgery is scheduled, you must follow these guidelines until your operation.
These guidelines aim at:
- protecting you;
- protecting health-care personnel.
- Preoperative instructions in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Bronchoscopy (French version only)
- Cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP) (French version only)
- Long Colonoscopy
- Colonoscopy preparation sheet - Morning
- Colonoscopy preparation sheet - Afternoon
- Colonoscopy : Bi-Peglyte
- Sigmoidoscopy or short colonoscopy
- Short colonoscopy preparation sheet
- Echo-endoscopy of the upper digestive tract
- Rectal endoscopy exam
- Gastrostomy (French version only)
- Analgesic sedation
Consult the Medical Imaging and Nuclear Medicine page for more information on the service offering.
- Summary ot the main medical imaging exams
- Guide for users | Examinations WITH an Appointment
- Guide for users | Walk-in Examinations
- Angiography| Arteriography
- General ultrasound| Doppler
- Obstetric ultrasound (dating, nuchal morphological, growth) | Brome-Missisquoi-Perkins hospital
- Obstetric ultrasound (dating, nuchal morphological, growth) | Granby hospital
- Obstetric ultrasound (dating, nuchal morphological, growth) | Fleurimont hospital
- Magnetic resonance (MRI)
- Mammography | Breast ultrasound | Breast biopsy
- Nuclear medicine (scintigraphy et PET)
- General Radiology – arthrography, joint infiltration and periradicular
- General Radiology – Cystography
- General Radiology - baryte meal | Hail transit | Barium throat
- General Radiology – Hysterosalpingography
- Barium enema
- General Radiology – Intravenous pyelography
- Axial tomography (CT scan)