Adolescents benefit from a broad range of services adapted to their needs and reality.
Sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections (STBBI)
If you have an active sex life, visit the complete STBBI section to learn more about sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections: chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis B and C, genital herpes, HIV/AIDS, HPV, and much more.
First sexual relations
Visit itss.gouv.qc.ca to learn more about first experiences in sexual relations, contraception, and unwanted pregnancies.
Are you aged between 12 and 25 years? There are always solutions and help for you.
- Do you have questions about sexuality, contraception, your love life, your relationships with your friends or your parents?
- Are you pregnant?
- Are you addicted to drugs, alcohol or tobacco products?
- Do you feel alone or uncomfortable and wish to talk to someone about it?
- Do you have suicidal thoughts?
Schedule an appointment at the nearest youth clinic.
All services are free and confidential.
A written parental consent is required for those aged 12 and 13.
> Find a clinic
There are several youth clubs (maisons des jeunes) in the region. You can meet other young people like you to discuss, share, socialize, and make new friends.
There you will be listened to if there is anything that concerns you that you wish to discuss.
Estrie: portailressourceestrie.com (French)
Sherbrooke: Liste des maisons des jeunes (French)
Granby: La Barak de Granby (French)
Cowansville: Le Trait d’union (French)
Pour l’ensemble du Québec: Regroupement des Maisons des jeunes du Québec (French)
Are you going through a difficult time?
Are you dealing with a breakup, trouble at home, bullying, etc.? We can help you.
- Dial Urgence-Détresse 811, and press option 2
- Call your nearest CLSC
- Learn more about suicide prevention
- Use other resources that are available to you:
- Tel-Jeunes: 1-800- 263-2266
- Suicide Action : 1-866-APPELLE (1-866- 277-3553) throughout Quebec
- Drugs: Help and Referral (DAR) 1- 800-265-2626
- Suicide Action Montreal: 514 723-4000 regional line in Montreal
- Gai Écoute: 1-888-505-1010