COVID-19 | For information specifically intended for pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers, consult this page >
Benefits of maternal breast milk
Maternal breast milk is adapted to the various needs of each baby. It contains antibodies, enzymes, and growth factors that are perfectly designed to optimize development and to lower the risk of many types of diseases.
For mothers, nursing lowers the risk of breast and ovarian cancer. Breastfeeding also provides a significant advantage from an economic, family and environmental perspective.
Exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months of life and continued breastfeeding with appropriate complementary foods for up to two years and beyond is recommended according to national and international guidelines. Maternal breastfeeding is also globally recognized as the dietary standard for babies.
Clinique d’allaitement au centre de santé Carillon de Sherbrooke
- Évaluation médicale et traitement des problèmes d’allaitement
- Conseils sur les médicaments pendant l’allaitement Dre Anne McSween, consultante en allaitement IBCLC : 819 564-1022
Clinique du nourrisson (RLS de la Haute-Yamaska et de La Pommeraie)
- Évaluation et traitement des problèmes d’allaitement.
Clinique d’aide et de soutien en allaitement (C.A.S.A.) pour la clientèle de la Maison de naissance de l’Estrie (MdNE) et de Sherbrooke : soutien rapide à la MdNE disponible sur demande d’un professionnel de la santé
819 780-2220, poste 47500
Breastfeeding anytime, anywhere!
Every mother is entitled to breastfeed anytime, anywhere at our facilities. If you want to nurse your child in a private space, consult the list of designated spaces at our facilities or request the list from our staff.
Baby-Friendly Initiative (BFI)
Our institution is committed to supporting, protecting and promoting breastfeeding. As such, we are in the process of obtaining the BFI certification for our overall facilities. BFI is a quality care program which aims to give every child the best start in life possible.
This program encourages the implementation of breastfeeding friendly practices in healthcare institutions and in areas visited by parents and their children. BFI supports every individual and family starting with making an enlightened decision, no matter how they choose to feed their baby.
- Estrie Breastfeeding Resources (French)
- Guide Accueillir bébé et bien vivre l’allaitement (French)
- Nourrir bébé au sein | From Tiny Tot to Toddler
- Breastfeeding bases (French)| Naître et grandir
- Breastfeeding your baby | Public Health Agency of Canada
- Résumé de la politique d’allaitement maternel (Summary of the Breastfeeding Policy) (French) | CIUSSS de l'Estrie - CHUS
- La Leche League of Canada
- Videos | Breastfeeding clips (French)
Vidéo | Breastfeeding, we support you at all stages (French)