Our fertility and assisted reproduction clinic
Our primary concern is to make your experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. Whether you are consulting for a fertility, menstrual or hormonal issue, our team provides personalized, courteous services, and is eager to get to know you well.
The CIUSSS de l’Estrie – CHUS fertility clinic, located at Hôpital Fleurimont in Sherbrooke, provides comprehensive services related to female and male reproductive health, including assisted reproduction. Some of these services are provided in collaboration with a Montreal-based specialty centre. Nonetheless, our goal is to minimize your travel.
Services offered at the clinic
- Evaluation and management of female, male or mixed infertility, regardless of its etiology (including treatments such as in vitro fertilization - IVF).
- Medically assisted reproduction for single women
- Medically assisted reproduction for same-sex couples
Pelvic ultrasound service
- Ultrasound monitoring of ovulation and ovarian stimulation
- Ultrasound screening of uterine and ovarian anomalies (pelvic ultrasound)
- Viability ultrasound or when bleeding occurs during the first trimester (even if the user did not present with infertility)
- Ultrasound monitoring during the 1st trimester of abnormal pregnancies (even if the user did not present with infertility)
- 2D and 3D sonohysterographies (intracavity pathologies or Müllerian anomalies) even if the user did not present with infertility)
- Ovarian stimulation (oral agents or injections)
- Medical or surgical treatment of endometriosis
- Intrauterine insemination In vitro fertilization (IVF)
Gynecologic reproductive endocrinology specialty clinic
- Investigation and management of amenorrhea and anovulation whether there is a desire for pregnancy or not
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Recurrent natural abortions (miscarriages)
- Endometriosis with pelvic pain
- Emergency consultations to preserve fertility in cancer cases or before initiating gonadotoxic treatments
- Male or female hypogonadism (early menopause or other)
Yes. We work in collaboration with a specialized centre based in Montreal to provide a complete range of IVF services.
Our team is the intermediary with that centre. Couples need to travel only twice (rather than a dozen times) - once to Montreal for egg retrieval and once for the embryo transfer. All that, even if your cycle is not eligible for coverage by the RAMQ!
You can elect to complete your treatment with us in part or in whole. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
I have been to a private clinic in Montreal where I have to pay for my fertility evaluation tests. Can I get fertility tests at the CIUSSS de l’Estrie – CHUS?
Yes. We can offer you this service even if you have not been evaluated by a physician at the clinic. Simply contact us to schedule an appointment and bring the request forms for these tests with you.
I am receiving fertility treatments and I do not know what is covered in my case since the adoption of Bill 20. Can you inform me?
We will gladly answer your questions over the phone. You can reach us by dialling 819-346-1110, ext. 14723.
Yes. We are open Sunday mornings except on statutory holidays.
To find out whether we are open, do not hesitate to call us (even outside business hours) at 819-346-1110, ext. 14723.
If services are not available on week-ends, a voice message will clearly inform you.
If the services I need are not covered by the RAMQ, can I still access them at the fertility clinic?
Yes. Please do not hesitate to contact our price list or to contact us.
- Price list for services not covered by the RAMQ (upcoming)
- About the Fertility Clinic (upcoming)
- Insemination with Donor Sperm (French)
Dr. Belina Carranza-Mamane
To schedule an appointment
For pregnancy monitoring and new users
819-346-1110, ext. 14723
Fax : 819-348-3806
Hôpital Fleurimont, 2nd floor, unit 4