Mental Health Problems

Consult your family physician

Your family physician can:

  • Assess your health status and request the diagnostic tests you need.
  • Prescribe appropriate treatments for your condition.
  • Monitor your health status temporarily or regularly.
  • Refer you to a specialized service.

If you don't have a family physician:

Are you experiencing a crisis situation? Call Urgence-Détresse.


You have received a diagnosis

You or a loved one has been diagnosed with depression, bipolar affective disorder, anxiety disorder, schizophrenia, personality disorder, an obsessive-compulsive disorder, or another type of disorder.

 Services provided:

  • Intake, assessment, information, supportive care and attention, and referrals
  • Psychosocial rehabilitation to enable a person to start functioning optimally again
  • Psychosocial monitoring and psychotherapeutic or medicinal treatments
  • Education about the disease, medications, and personal health practices
  • Short-stay hospitalization
  • Crisis and emergency interventions
  • Psychiatric emergencies
  • Forensic psychiatry
  • Specialty clinics
  • Residential resources in mental health
  • Individual and group monitoring
  • Interventions for homeless people.

Access to services

Psychosocial intake

Business hours are usually from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Outside of these hours, please call
Info-Santé by dialing 8-1-1.

You can also contact the nearest CLSC.


Telephone numbers by region

Sherbrooke | 819-780-2222

Des Sources | 819- 879-7158, ext. 39400

Coaticook | 819-849-9102, ext. 57316

Memphrémagog | 819- 843-2572 ou toll free 1- 800- 268-2572

Granit | 819-583-2572, ext. 2520

Haut-Saint-François | 819-821-4000, ext. 38264

Val-Saint-François | 819-845-2084

La Pommeraie | 450-266-4342, press option 4

Haute-Yamaska | 450- 375-1442 

Useful links