Flu and stomach flu season
Winter brings with it the flu and stomach flu.
If you have flu or stomach flu symptoms, consult the decision assistant, a table that will help you decide what is best for you and your family.
Flu and stomach flu symptoms
Before visiting the Emergency room
You are worried for yourself or a loved one?
Flu and Stomach Flu
The flu spreads quite easily and can cause severe complications, especially in more vulnerable individuals.
Preventing the Flu and Stomach Flu
- Wash your hands frequently, especially when you are around others. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Keep a large container of antibacterial gel within easy reach for everyone. And a box of tissues.
- Clean items that are used frequently: door knobs, toilet handles, remotes, switches, telephones, favourite games, etc.
- Prepare a bowl for each child instead of letting them repeatedly use the same dish of raw veggies and dip. It will make them happy and avoid the flu.
- Do not share glasses and utensils. Put your name on your glass.
- Take care of your immune system: rest; take a short nap during the day, if needed; and keep stressful situations to a minimum. Stay active to stay in shape. Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Don't visit or invite people to visit if they are ill or who have been ill recently (they might still be contagious).
- Vaccination is your best defence against the flu!