Vaccination and Immunization
Vaccines protect the body from diseases that can make you very ill. They help the body to boost its immunological defences to prevent infections without causing disease. Vaccination is a simple, effective and safe public health initiative.
Vaccination for Children
Vaccination remains the most effective public health initiative, and its safe use makes it even today one of the best preventive measures. By vaccinating your child, you are giving him one of the best protections against serious diseases. It is very important that you comply with the immunization schedule recommended by the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (MSSS) and not exceed the deadlines in order to protect your child from infections as early as possible.
There are few reasons to prevent your child from being vaccinated. If you have any questions, please speak to your family physician or to the nurse at your CLSC.
Vaccination for Travellers
Whether you are planning to travel abroad for business, pleasure or adventure, consult a nurse or a physician to:
- get advice on diseases transmitted through water, food or by insects
- get specific recommendations regarding your activities and health status
- update your regular immunization schedule and obtain a vaccination follow-up if required
- get the right vaccines for your destination, the length of your stay, and your health condition
- get medical prescriptions to prevent and treat malaria, traveller's diarrhea and altitude (mountain) sickness
- get the latest information on travel alerts and travel warnings.