Suicide Is Never an Option
If you need help or someone close to you does, consult the following sections to locate available resources. You're sure to get a response!
Each year in Québec, there are more than 1000 suicides:
Each day: 3 people commit suicide in Québec.
In 2017 in Estrie: The highest suicide rate is in the age group of men between 35 and 64 years of age.
Men account for 4 out of 5 suicides.
- “I want to end it all."
- "It's just too hard. I can't go on."
- "Life is not worth living."
- "I'll never get over this."
- "I want to go to sleep and not wake up."
- "You would be better off without me."
- "Living is useless."
- "I made out my will."
- "I am going on a long trip."
- "I'm going to my affairs in order."
Isolation and withdrawal
Withdrawal at work or school
Loss of energy and not reacting to the loss of a loved one
Giving away of cherished objects
What can be done if someone close or you aren't doing well? Don't wait until you're at the end of your rope. Act. Talk!
Someone is there to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call!
- Urgence-Détresse | 1 800 827-2572 | Soir, nuit et fin de semaine
- JEVI - Centre de prévention du suicide - Estrie | 1 866-APPELLE (277-3553) | 24 h/24, 7 jours sur 7Cet hyperlien s'ouvrira dans une nouvelle fenêtre.